27 de January de 2023
En este artículo:
The current popularity of online travel agencies (OTAs) for booking hotel stays has led to them being responsible for a large part of online bookings, being almost the channel par excellence for tourist reservations. Not surprisingly, according to the HSMAI foundation, only 24% of hotel bookings are made through the hotel’s website, while the remaining 76% are made through online travel agencies.
And, although appearing on OTAs is a great way for the hotel to get bookings and visibility, the truth is that these types of online bookings have an impact on the accommodation of between 10-15% in terms of commissions. It is for this reason that hotels have begun to strive to achieve a certain independence from the different OTAs, and the first step is to develop strategies for the hotel’s own website to increase traffic and, consequently, bookings. These are the main ones:
Using OTAs to create brand awareness is great, but it is also important to try to ensure that those customers who visit the hotel’s own website to learn about the hotel decide to stay there to make a reservation. Google observed that 52% of travelers visit the hotel’s website after seeing the information through the OTA, so the hotel must have an attractive, user-friendly website that rewards direct bookings with better offers, promotions or services included.
Nowadays online reservations of hotel rooms are made through different devices, since new technologies allow it. The computer is the device by which most bookings are made, followed by the smartphone, which is increasingly used for online bookings, and lastly tablets. Therefore, the hotel’s website must be optimized to be used comfortably on different devices. And not only the website, but also the booking engine and the payment gateway must be cross-platform, for secure and easy payment of the reservation.
A common fear is the possibility of losing a potential guest who had already decided to make a reservation but decides to leave it halfway through the payment process. To avoid this, it is very important that both the booking engine and the payment gateway provide a simple, fast and very secure booking and payment experience. It is also important that the process inspires confidence, as the customer will be providing sensitive data and needs to feel secure.
Nowadays there are different payment methods that are popularly used and the more payment methods an online business offers, the easier it will be not to lose any customers. This is especially important in the case of hotels, which receive customers from different parts of the world with different payment cultures. And of course it will also be necessary to have a dynamic currency converter, which will make it easier for those foreign tourists to pay with their local currency without any problem.
At PaynoPain we work with the most advanced payment technologies and have specific tools to meet the needs of hotels. That is why many hotels trust us for their web booking payments and have already achieved better results, while complying with PSD2 regulations without any effort.
CONTACT US WITHOUT OBLIGATION FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Paylands es una pasarela de pagos integral y omnicanal que ofrece a nuestros clientes una interfaz adaptable, segura y rápida. Nuestro objetivo es garantizar una experiencia de usuario ágil e intuitiva, para que el proceso de pago sea sencillo y rápido desde cualquier dispositivo.
Turn your phone into a dataphone with Tap to Pay by Paylands
Tap to Pay by Paylands: what is it, how does it work and which businesses can use it?
PSD2 – The basic payment standard in Europe
Users’ top 5 favourite payment methods
IVR payment solution for call centers
What Paylands can do for your debt collection business as a specialised payment gateway
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.
Please enable Strictly Necessary Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!
This website uses the following additional cookies:
(List the cookies that you are using on the website here.)